The Ramos - creamy and silky, with a big foamy head. Is this the hardest cocktail to clarify? In this episode, I show you how to clarify the Ramos Gin Fizz - a legendary cocktail, which I made in the previous episode. It’s known as one of the hardest cocktails to make, but can we get the same tasting notes, texture, and the big foam with a clarified version?
Clarified Ramos Gin Fizz
● Milk-Clarified “Ramos”*
● splash of soda
● Milk & Orange blossom Foam** on top Stir the Milk-Clarified Ramos with ice and pour into a frozen glass. Add a splash of soda and spoon the Milk & Orange blossom Foam on top.
* Milk-Clarified Ramos Gin Fizz
● 60 ml (2 oz) Monkey 47 gin
● 22,5 ml (0.75 oz) lemon + lime juice
● 10 ml (0.33 oz) Rich Gomme syrup
● 3 drops vanilla extract
● 60 ml (2 oz) condensed milk
Mix all the ingredients except condensed milk (without ice). Pour the milk into a separate bowl and pour the mixture over the milk. After a couple of minutes, strain curdled milk through a filter to achieve a clear cocktail.
*Milk & Orange blossom Foam
● 300 ml (10 oz) cold water
● 19 g skimmed milk powder
● 4 g soy lecithin
● 0,7 g xanthan gum
● 10 drops Orange Blossom Water
Mix everything in a blender and pour into a big bowl. Pump air into the mixture (I used an aquarium air pump) to get the foam as airy as possible.